Home Organization Tips!
The start of the new school year seems to unofficially mark the end of summer and with that, a new beginning!
Summer can often be a hectic season, what with vacations, social engagements BBQ’s, kids’ camps…you name it! It seems like we’re constantly on the go and household organization can oftentimes get neglected.
That’s why we thought, with fall approaching, what better time of year to get you and your family organized! We’ve rounded up some simple tips to help you declutter & organize your home!
Tip #1: Declutter
- Tackle each room separately and set up a Donations Box & a Trash Bin
Tip #2: Ask Questions
As you go from room to room, ask yourself some questions and then move forward accordingly – keep, donate or toss!
- Have you used it in the last year? If the answer is no, then chances are it’s not something that’s adding value to your home
- Is it damaged? If yes, then toss!
- Has my style changed? If yes, then donate!
- Can someone else use it more? If yes, time to donate!
Tip #3: Kitchen & Bathroom Organization
- Head to Canadian Tire, The Dollar Store or Michaels to look for some great organization solutions!
- Clear containers and canisters work amazing – and if you really want to get crazy…add labels!
- Drawer organizers, shelves & storage bins are also a great way to separate items and keep them tidy!
Tip #4: Living Room Organization
- Much like tip #3, head out and grab some bins and baskets (HomeSense, Home Outfitters & Canadian Tire offer great options!)
- Have designated baskets for toys, pillows, books, tv remotes, etc…
Tip #5: Closet Organizaton
- Home Depot and Ikea have great wardrobe and storage solutions or check out Pinterest for tons of great DIY solutions!
Happy organizing! For further inspiration, check out Marie Kondo’s The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up!